Accused of Shoplifting?
Kirkland Shoplifting Defense Attorney
Shoplifting charges are should not be taken lightly. It doesn’t matter if you allegedly stole $150 shoes or a $1,500 laptop: The law will do everything it can to punish you. You may attempt to keep your accusation a secret from your family and friends because you’re uncomfortable or embarrassed about what happened, but at Knauss Law Firm, you don’t have to worry. I have dedicated my profession to handling cases like yours and I know how to get shoplifting charges dropped or sentencing reduced.
When you hire me to represent your shoplifting case, you can trust that I will dedicate my experience, passion and skills to helping you negotiate for the best possible outcome.
Possible Defenses to Shoplifting
I am passionate about protecting your rights and reputation, as I’ve seen how life-changing a shoplifting conviction can be. You may have difficulty applying for university, a job, or even housing if you are convicted of this crime. My goal is to help you work toward achieving success by using aggressive, effective defense strategies on your behalf.
Count on me to help fight your shoplifting charges with defense tactics such as:
- Lack of Intent: Mistakenly or unknowingly shoplifting.
- Asportation: The alleged shoplifted items must have been carried away or detached from the owner and transported to the defendant’s possession. I will work to help disprove asportation.
- Claim of Right: The defendant believed they had a right to the property.
- Lack of Presence: The defendant was not at the scene at the time the crime was committed.
- Misidentification: The prosecution mistakenly identified you, and someone else committed the crime.
- Crime Did Not Happen: The accuser lied and made a false claim.
Former Prosecutor Defending Your Shoplifting Case
The most important aspect of your shoplifting case is who you call after you are charged: You must hire me as your Kirkland shoplifting defense lawyer to advocate for your best interests. I obtain valuable experience on both sides of the courtroom as a former prosecutor, meaning I can predict the other side’s attacks before they happen and proactively prepare defense tactics for what may come. Once you retain my top-rated guidance for your shoplifting case, you can trust that I will support you every step of the way.
Your first consultation is free! Contact me online or call (425) 300-5566 to schedule your case evaluation.